1) PHILOMENE MORISSETTE WOODS(deceased)daughter of Joseph N. Morissette and Victoria Langlois WITH A COUSIN FATHER ROBERT FALARDEAU (deceased). Father Falardeau's grandmother was Rebecca Morissette (wife of Armand Falardeau) the daughter of Francois Morissette and Louisa or Louise Menard. Father Falardeau wrote a letter to Philomene Morissette Woods thanking her for verifying that Frank Morissette (married Delphine Labarge) who was a cousin of her father, Joseph N. Morissette. He also lists the siblings of Frank one of which is Rebecca his grandmother.
2) ASSOCIATION DES FAMILLES MORISSETTE, PRESIDENT, ROGER MORISSETTE.
3) LES MORISETT
4) RICK LONG
5) NATIONAL ARCHIVES-CENSUS SHEETS.
HOPEFULLY, THEY WERE COMBINED TOGETHER CORRECTLY.
1) For us shorter Morissettes (male or female) there was also a Morissette called (see picture below) Joseph "Petite"Morrissette (note the double r) b. Feb 13, 1830, Becancour, Quebec, d. Jun 9, 1913 in St. Joseph, K.S. Joseph married Agnes Rheault Nov 14, 1854 in St. Gertrude, Quebec, daughter of Joseph Rheault and Angele LaCourse. They had 15 children, 8 in St. Gertrude, Quebec and the rest in Bourbonnais, Illinois. These people are cousins.
When I was a little girl they use to talk about my great grandfather (then deceased) as being Big Vic (son of Pierre Morissette and Julia Gagner) and there was Little Vic (son of Alphonse Morissette and Emma Sylvain), who I remember and he was "Petite", maybe a little round too. Alphonse and Victor were brothers.
3) Verified: Ralph John Morissette (father Alfonse, mother Emma Sylvain) born in Ogdensburg, N.Y. was the Mayor of Ogdensburg, N.Y. 1932-36/1950-52. Morissette Park in Ogdensburg, N.Y. was named after him which is in St. Lawrence County which is across the border from Canada. He is the son of Alfonse Morissette, son of Pierre Morissette, son of Nicolas, etc..
4) Children of Pierre Morissette who married Marie Sophie Morand and/or Menard (the records were incorrectly written): Elzire Morissette married Philip Fournier at Notre Dame de Chicago in Chicago, Illinois, Victor Morissette married Julia Gagner, Joseph Morissette married Victoria Langlois, Peter (Pierre) Morissette married Elizabeth Forbes, Alfonse Morissette married Emma Sylvain in Ogdensburg, New York, Raphael Morissette died in Mar 1882 in Chicago, Illinois and an unknown child. Note: In several Illinois United States Census sheets Sophie Morand and/or Menard Morissette indicates that she had 7 children and 5 were living.
5) Marie Rita Morissette Robertson (daughter of Victor Andrew Morissette and Hattie Dorothy Tepper) has volunteered information. She found "Burial cards" in her father's bible with names and dates of death of which some have been identified.
a)Ovide Langlois d.1-13-1919 is the father of Victoria S. Langlois who married Joseph N. Morissette.
b) Anthony Langlois d.3-30-28 is Joseph Antoine son of Ovide Simon Langlois, Sr. and Sophie or Sophia Rochon(age 48yrs. 9mos. 14days).
c)Edward Rochon d.6-26-39 married Marie Clarise Langlois (sister of Victoria S. Langlois). Edward and Marie Clarise were third cousins.
d) Louise Menard d. 1-11-1916 age 83 yrs. (sister of Marie Sophie Morand and/or Menard and wife of Pierre Morissette) married Francois Morissette. They were in Chicago by 1859 and were members of the Notre de Dame Chicago congregation. (Per 1900 Chicago census Louisa Morsette was here). Their children were Louise married Joseph LeMarbe or LeMarble, Alfred married Georgenia Bastien or Bastian, Francis "Frank" married Delphine Lebarge or Labarge, Edward H. married Josephine Parent or Parand, Rebecca married Armand Falardeau and Alfonse - no information.
JULIA GAGNER MORISSETTE AND VICTOR MORISSETTE